Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 3 batteries last barely a month, camera goes offline, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cjones737
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying for MONTHS now to get some kind of support for all the issues I am having with my cameras...

- lagging live stream despite meeting the internet requirements. But they just keep telling me it's my internet and not the camera.

- I have had to open several cases because 95% of the time when I go to click the button to "update my case" the page just says "invalid token value". Because I keep having to start over due to this awful joke of a "support" program, I get absolutely no where.

- the batteries barely last a month, when they are supposed to last three.

- my camera is always going offline and there is no option to do anything about that remotely. Which seems beyond useless, because the whole point of having these is for them to work when you're NOT HOME. So when it goes offline and I'm out of state, these cameras are utterly useless to me.

- Around the holidays I opened the app to look at an alert and there was a promo to get the subscription for $7.49/month instead of $9.99/month. I closed it assuming it because I needed to look at the alert, and I assumed it would be offered more than just the once... Well, of course that wasn't the case. And when I mentioned it to support, they said they couldn't give me the promo unless it was through the app and the log out and back in for it to pop up again. Well, it didn't. And they said they couldn't give me the promo, which makes absolutely no sense.

I am BEYOND pissed off at this company and my experience with them. My patience has run out.

I bought these after doing a lot of research because they were supposed to be "top of the line". From my experience, these are utter trash, and so is Arlo support. Has anybody had any luck getting any actual help from Arlo resolving these? My window to return them is closing.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All of the issues sound like a connection problem to me.Bring a camera closer to your hub to see if that works better. If one camera normally is fine, swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location.

cjones737
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have a hub.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@cjones737 wrote:

I don't have a hub.

You listed Pro3 spotlight model and are in that model forum. They require a hub or base and cannot connect directly to wifi. What model do you actually have? Do you have the Pro3 Floodlight or Pro4 by chance? 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation