Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
TravisPro3
Initiate
Initiate

I have the Arlo Pro 3 system 3 camera system set up.  It was working great until a couple days ago, one by one the three friends I had granted access to began getting the 'getting status' error message for each camera.  I have the main version not the friend version and it is working fine for me.  The system is version 2.18 (618).  I have reset the hub several times, nothing.  The support boards are COVERED with people reporting this error but no clear solution is posted.  Please someone help?  We have the app on an iPhone.

Travis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those who were experiencing this issue, please update to the latest version of the Arlo mobile app available in the app store and test again. Please let us know if you continue experiencing the same behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
MWoods44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issues as well.  It was working a few days ago through the guest access, but now it just says "getting status", and the feed never pulls up.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you tried removing friend access and then adding it back? Do you still experience the same issue?

JamesC

TravisPro3
Initiate
Initiate

I did a number of things and honestly I'm not sure which fixed it but it is resolved.  I did remove the friend and re-add but I did that after the problem had been resolved.  I hope this is not something that happens often, as I said I noticed this error message appears many times over the years.  

I do appreciate the response and suggestion.

I do hope that the long term fix for this issue is not having to make your users go through this continually.  This seems to happen enough that along term fix needs to be made.

Also on a side note, PLEASE add this into Samsung SMARTTHINGS.  Huge pain having to switch between the Arlo app and the hub that every other smart device in our house uses (and we have a lot of them).

Travis

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

You are not alone.

Stuck at getting status - Arlo Community

“Getting Status “ is stuck on my device - Arlo Community

Camera stuck in getting status - Arlo

Live streaming for non admin user stopped working....

And that's just some of them.

I am surprised that the Arlo team replies with vague "fixes".

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
MWoods44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the access and then added them back and I am still having the same issue.

RHCA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 Pro 3 cameras at home and shared Arlo-Q and Arlo Baby at my daughter's house far away.   On my iPhone X, I can see live view on all 5 cameras, my wife (granted access as friend) cannot see anything on her iPhone X, though she can see notifications as well as events from the library.  On my iPad Air I can see all my Pro 3 fine but not the 2 shared Arlo at my daughter's house.  We wife have the same issue on her iPad Air just like her iPhone X, no live view at all.  We both can see everything in a browser but live view keeps disconnecting.   This started happening right after the last app update a few days ago.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update once we have more information to share.

JamesC

isarosenborg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi! I’m connected to a friends camera, because we are watching over a horse that is going to have a baby. I’m on night duty so this is very important! The camera just says “collecting data” on the screen. I’ve logged in/out, I’ve erased the app and then downloaded it again, I’ve restarted my phone, and my friend has restarted the camerasystem at her place. It doesn’t work for me, but it does work for my friends who are connected. What do we do?
dcfox1
Master
Master

@isarosenborg      It seems to be a problem not just you and Arlo is aware. One suggestion is did you try it on the web client  my.arlo.com on PC or phone web. 

isarosenborg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, we just tried that.. And it didn’t work 😞
RHCA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Assuming your friend granted you access to the camera, log out of the app and ask your friend to grant you admin right for now.  After you log back in you may have live view on that camera but that is only there as long as you do not log out.  

RHCA
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those who were experiencing this issue, please update to the latest version of the Arlo mobile app available in the app store and test again. Please let us know if you continue experiencing the same behavior.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation