Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Playback glitches

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

anyone else get playback glitches where the recorded video freezes while playing back from the library, but the audio continues?  closing and starting again seems to solve the issue.  these seems to happen when there is other traffic on on the system.  I see this happen regularly.  typically I am viewing these videos from a different location on a different network than the camera is connected.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHat's your upload and download speeds as measured by speedtest.net? What do you mean by "other traffic"? Does this happen on both the app as well as on the web client? How about cell service vs. WiFi?

MVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

the location is 400 miles away.  needless to say, it has High speed cable internet and a new router.  Internet speed is not the problem.  "other traffic" refers to traffic on the Arlo hub.  this usually occurs when getting alarms of other motion, or trying to playback when another camera is recording.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you say that the videos work is reopening the app, that would imply an issue with your phone. What about use of the web client? What about downloading the video and viewing it locally? Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

MVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

I would disagree that it a phone hardware problem.  the phone never had a problem playing any other video.  it resolves when closing the arlo video playing and reopening. ONLY the Arlo App videos have this glitch.  SO the problem is with the ARLO app or the video from the ARLO server or the fact that it happens usually when the ARLO app is trying to send an alert that another camera is recording.  

I had a significant issue with missing videos again, ARLO hardware software related, but I will post in a new thread.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation