Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Phone connection

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
toffi24
Follower
Follower

Hello,

What accessories  i need to connect arlo pro3 camera which will be mounted on my boat ,very far from my house ,with  a mobile phone?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@toffi24 wrote:

Hello,

What accessories  i need to connect arlo pro3 camera which will be mounted on my boat ,very far from my house ,with  a mobile phone?

Thanks

You'd need a base station that connects over ethernet to the internet.  Internet could be provided with a mobile router.  If the boat is within range of suitable wifi, you could potentially also use a wifi extender to provide the internet.  The router/extender and the base would need to be always on and powered.

An Arlo Go might be a better option.  It is battery powered, and connects to the mobile network.

Is the boat out of the water? If not, I am thinking you might get a lot of motion detection (especially if the boat is moored).  That could drain the battery quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@toffi24 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks

You'd need a base station that connects over ethernet to the internet.  Internet could be provided with a mobile router.  If the boat is within range of suitable wifi, you could potentially also use a wifi extender to provide the internet.  The router/extender and the base would need to be always on and powered.

An Arlo Go might be a better option.  It is battery powered, and connects to the mobile network.

Is the boat out of the water? If not, I am thinking you might get a lot of motion detection (especially if the boat is moored).  That could drain the battery quickly.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation