Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Phone & Smart Watch Notifications

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sam2021
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI, I have 2 x Pro 3 Cameras and 2 x Essential Cameras and 1 x wireless video doorbell.

Apologies if this is not the correct subforum to post in. Having an issue with notifications

• All of the cameras have their settings turned "on" for animated preview and depending on where they are on the property, other notification settings such as vehicle / animal / person etc are on or off.
  • All of the cameras send motion alert notifications to my phone (a Samsung S10+, running Andriod 11)
  • Notifications (from all cameras) appear on the phone with either a photo or a gif included showing the motion that triggered the recording.
  • Notifications (from all cameras) also go to my smartwatch (a Samsung Galaxy 4).

The issue is the Arlo notifications on the smartwatch - only notifications from 1 out of the 5 cameras has images included, ie one of the Pro 3 cameras. Obviously, the watch is capable of showing photo's with the notification because it's doing it for one camera. Been through and checked the device settings for each camera and can't see anything that could be making this difference in how notifications appear on the watch per camera.

Checked the watch settings, it's pretty simply either Arlo notifications are on or off, there are no "per device settings". The images are what make the Arlo notifications useful otherwise you have to unlock your phone, unlock the app, go to the library etc and that's just a hassle.

Anyone else had this issue and anyone else figured out how to get photo notifications on a smartwatch consistently.

thanks, SAM

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sam2021,

Do you have an active Arlo Secure subscription or trial for all of these devices?

JamesC

sam2021
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, yes we have an active subscription and all 5 cameras are included.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation