Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Arlo_user_
Initiate
Initiate
I recently purchased the Arlo doorbell and Pro 3 cameras with a base station. I find it ridiculous that I can’t have continuous video recording CVR without an over priced subscription per camera. I have a thumb drive connected to the base station so I can keep video and look back through the day or days. Had I known that I would have to pay such huge fee every month even though I have a hard drive I would have looked at a different system. This has me seriously considering returning the system back from where I bought it. Very disappointing.
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo_user_,

Arlo Pro 3 comes with a trial subscription to Arlo Smart allowing for 30 day cloud storage for recording content. You can also utilize local storage (as you've already discovered) by saving content directly to the SmartHub via attached storage drive. For CVR, (Continuous Video Recording to the Arlo Cloud) you must subscribe to a CVR plan. For more information on CVR, take a look here: What is continuous video recording (CVR) and how do I use it?

JamesC

Arlo_user_
Initiate
Initiate
Unfortunately your response is not helpful. If I’m able to have a local storage drive I should be able to have CVR from my local drive. 10$ a month per camera is overpriced, especially when similar products offer CVR with playback for free. I understand paying a fee if I were to store my recordings on YOUR cloud system, but when I don’t need to use your system for storage I should be able to stream from my own system. If I have a hard drive big enough to store video i should be allowed as a paid customer to store my video and stream it from my device. I hope this gets consideration as a future option. While the alerts are nice to have they don’t always pickup everything and sometimes they pickup things that they weren’t set to pickup. I would also like to see what happens before or after some of the alerts because it doesn’t always show enough video.
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation