Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Panama

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Aussie_Dave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Team Arlo, HELP !!

I'm having various issues.

I'm Australian and live in Australian, but I'm currently working in Panama. I have purchased 4 Pro 3's to use here in Panama. I have been trying to subscribe without any luck. I have had 5 separate webchats - 4 of which offered various methods to try and rectify this including taking my details for a call back which has not happened. However yesterday I spoke to someone and they informed me its because there is no plan available for Panama. Surely my subscription to a cloud shouldn't be restricted to where I work as its cloud based ? The solution it would seem would be to de register all my cameras and hub and re set up using Australia as my home base - so the net effect would be I can subscribe.... ? is this so ?

2 of my cameras now have a AC power message and show as being disconnected. I cannot clear this message and in reading the message boards it would seem this is linked to wired cameras or subscription issues both of which don't apply to my cameras.

Please advise on the subscription issue and also how to clear the errors to get the 2 cameras back on line.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been recent posts from Panama residents about subscriptions. The end result is that setting a system up in a country that can't get a subscription means you'll never be able to unless Arlo can somehow add them at some point. There's an FAQ here that spells out what countries can get subs but it's a limited list.

You have the 4540 hub so use local recordings - the app can view them directly. You'll have to set up port forwarding or a VPN to access the videos when not at home.

Aussie_Dave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jg,

thanks for the reply but i'm still a little lost as to what the resolution should be. I hear what you are saying yet I was told by Arlo support members that it is possible to set it up by using my Aussie details. I'm no expert on IP addresses and how a cloud based system so I just wanted to know if it was possible or not. 

Also the AC power message just wont go away and now the timer has jumped an hr forward too. 

I'm currently working remotely so cannot access my cameras an hub to perform a reset and my wife is non too pleased with my remote IT skills at the moment ! 

I will have another go at setting it up again when I return to the family home. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

AFAIK, the country where you set the system up in determines whether you can get a subscription. Panama isn't one that can so you're stuck. If you had set the system up in Australia and brought it with you, that would have worked. Some have used a VPN from their location to a country that can get a sub to set the system up but that sounds like it would be a struggle to accomplish that without someone helping you.

The AC power prompt is likely due to a zone being set in the camera video settings. Remove any zones and that should clear the issue.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation