Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Only 30 days local storage

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Arlo, why can we only get 30 days local storage now? I brought a large memory stick so i could record for longer. Ive checked the manuals and i cant see anywhere that you can only have 30 days!
Is this a fault in an update?
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not aware of a limitation on local storage other than the drive's capacity. I generally copy all videos to my NAS at the beginning of the month and then reformat the drive so can't be sure if this is a new thing or something local. I'd at least open a case by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here for tracking and possible solutions.

dcfox1
Master
Master

I always deleted every Month also but when I saw another thread about this I did not in March. Only 30 days in app even though the USB has recordings until Feb 2 when I last deleted. Can't say how long it has been like that as I rarely us it. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it appears that it's the app that can't see more than one month, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to raise the issue.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@jguerdat Not sure if you were replying to me but I don't normally use it, I was just testing to confirm it as another thread said the same. I have IOS so may make a difference but no biggie to me to jump through support hoops.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, my suggestion for using support was generic. I personally don't have a need but those that do should utilize the system.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation