Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Overall system performance, battery power, and reliability

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Nate178
Follower
Follower

I have owned the Arlo Pro 3 system for over 2 years and have found this to be the absolutely worst camera security system. The only camera that is dependable in my multi camera setup is the unit that is next to the hub, and completely protected from the elements.

ALL CAMERAS have continuous power to them and the ones I have which are exposed to the weather almost always are off, low battery, and no battery.

The techs that I have used shown little to no concern or just didn't have a correct answer for the issues.

*The cloud service is a scam.

I will never use this company again!

Oh.... there's one plus to this system: The cameras have a gorgeous picture (when they rarely work). Trash the rest of the system.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nate178 wrote:

ALL CAMERAS have continuous power to them and the ones I have which are exposed to the weather almost always are off, low battery, and no battery.

I'm confused on this bit - when the cameras are powered, they will work fine even if you totally remove the battery.

FWIW, I have 10 outdoor cameras running at the moment, including 3 Pro-3s, a Pro-4, and a Pro-3 floodlight. While I do see plenty of room for improvement, I'm not seeing this particular issue.  One of the Pro-3s is powered, and it never complains about low battery.  I don't track battery life carefully, but I think I am recharging the other Pro-3s about every 6-8 weeks.

MVT
Apprentice
Apprentice

climbing a ladder to change 9 camera batteries out every 8 weeks is a lot of ladder climbing!

dcfox1
Master
Master

Mine usually last about 2 months also but I don't have them in hard to reach areas. Actually found mounting them lower worked better for detection. My highest I can open a window and change battery out. I also don't understand also why @Nate178 has them on AC power and get low battery since you can just take the battery out or ignore the error. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation