Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Aeldridge324
Tutor
Tutor
I need some help. I have my notifications turned on for my Arlo Pro 3, and I have the sensitivity up to 100%. However, I am not receiving notifications unless I’m right next to the camera. I have it positioned over my door facing the sidewalk and road. It’s probably 30 feet from the camera to the sidewalk. I get no notifications when people walk by, and I’ve tested it. The only time I receive a notification is when I walk out my front door. I must be doing something wrong. Help.?!
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aeldridge324,

30 feet is beyond the effective range of the camera. For information on positioning for best performance, take a look here: How do I position my Arlo wire-free camera?

JamesC

Aeldridge324
Tutor
Tutor
Any ideas why I may not be receiving notifications when I’m away from my house too? I have two cameras and one is well within 39 feet of activity. Not receiving notifications on either. Sometimes they may pop up but not consistently. I also NEVER get them when I’m away from home.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Aeldridge324  Like JamesC  said 30 feet from activity is to far. Less then 20 feet is best. It mentions that in the link he posted. It may catch some your seeing but not all

Aeldridge324
Tutor
Tutor
I’ve repositioned within the limitation and I am still not receiving notifications. I had a typo in my first reply, should have said it’s within 30ft.. probably more like 15-20ft. Thanks for all the help!!
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation