Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Cummon Arlo , both me and my father having the same issue yesterday and today in the UK, getting loads of notifications but random cameras actually not recording.
We have both restarted hubs with no change.
These are not cheap cameras and i feel like I've purchased cheap!
300 REPLIES 300
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Exactly! I mean such a company should have Software Developers who can easily identify and resolve the issue. 

I notice there is a new App Update, going to update and see if that resolves the issue.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
My android store says updated 10th June, which I'm on.
No more updates for me
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@Shaun1234 

I just updated my iOS Arlo App but that didn't fix it. But Arlo Support just called me and they asked for me to send some videos to see if any matching in the library/USB. I'm going to do that today/tomorrow and send to them. They said afterwards they will push this case to their Software Engineering team to work on directly.

Apparently a few days ago they were worked on an update (which may be why I saw a short minor improvement). But hopefully within the next few days we get this fixed! I think we may be getting close. 

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Thanks for keeping me updated
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

No worries, just hoping this will be solved for good! 

P.S. The Arlo Support also told me this morning that this issue was an issue with their Arlo Servers (finally they admitted it).

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Ha figures..
I removed Arlo smart from all my cameras and their ok again.
Whenever I use Arlo smart my issues start again.
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
So I just turned on my Arlo smart again to test and it notified me of my groceries delivery man arriving and leaving but only recorded him leaving so that confirms it
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Shaun1234    I assume you meant you received a individual notification for both events but only  the second notification recording of him leaving? 

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Yes that's correct, even get the screen shot notification
dcfox1
Master
Master

Ok, I have had a cam miss someone approaching once in a great while but never got a notification for it and no recording. Hasn't happened much though. 

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Yeah, that's constantly the issue I have as well. I'm leaving mine as then I'll know if Arlo Support has fixed it or not (as I'm not confident they'll let me know when it's fixed or not so I'll have to keep an eye out)

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Definitely
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Just to say I turned smart on again on all cameras at 1pm and by 6pm I had ten notifications that didn't store recording so still not fixed
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@Shaun1234 

Thank you for checking! I still also have the same issue. 15 notifications last night and only like 8 or 9 actually recorded. I sent them all documentation as of this morning, and it appears that my USB is recording properly but the cloud library on the app isn't. Am expecting to hear from them within the next two days as I have submitted everything they need. Will keep you posted as to when I hear from them and any further updates!

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Thanks, interesting about your usb.
Only thing I can't work out is that either a few of us are very unlucky or this is happening to everyone but they just don't check their recordings regularly.
If it is just us then I really don't understand what the cloud has against our cameras!
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Also maybe it's country related, are you also in the UK?
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@Shaun1234 

I think a handful of people are probably experiencing it, but as it takes some effort to realize that it's not working properly since notifications are sent and there are recordings, just not all of them (and most people probably submitted a case request but didn't follow up and waited) and unfortunately we have to push to get attention. 

No, I don't live in the UK, I live in Canada 🙂

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
True
I suppose your profile name should have been a giveaway at where you lived 🙄😬
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea it not everyone , mine are fine and check notifications often and they match up with recordings. Not sure why its on some but hope it gets fixed for you. 

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi kaynadian, how are you getting on with Arlo?
Any progress?
Thanks
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@Shaun1234 

Yes! I think it is resolved! I had another chat with Arlo Support on Monday (it was all morning) and gave them more screenshots/video recordings. As of Tuesday until now, I haven't had any issues *knock wood*! I had one instance where motion was missed for one camera, but that may have been due to high traffic as I had another camera recording for 5 mins straight. But other than that, it has been smooth! I haven't heard back from Arlo yet if it has been resolved, but I'm seeing good things now! I certainly hope this lasts!

Give it a try!

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Fingers crossed then, I will change settings tomorrow or later if time.
Thanks
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary
Yup! Give it a try, I think it’s actually dealt with this time. I’ll keep you posted as to when I hear from Arlo for any further updates and if the issue comes back again (which fingers crossed, it doesn’t ever come back!!)
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Already having problems here, no notifications not recorded yet,but instead I'm getting people/cars going straight through my zones, the device screen shows the last picture of activity with 2 minutes ago written etc, but no notification or recording in library.
If any of that makes sense?
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

That does make sense (as I had the exact same issue before!). That issue has seemed to clear up for me right now (as the notifications accuracy too, before I got 10 notifications and like 5 library recordings). For me, I had one instance on Thursday where one camera missed motion but I suspected it may be due to one of my cameras constantly recording the wind or something for over 5 minutes back to back that caused that one to malfunction (based on my observation). When I turned off my camera or, the wind stopped, the issue wasn’t there anymore and things have appeared relatively normal since. But again, its only been a few days!

I’ll observe for the weekend and let you know Monday if I experience this issue again, if I do, I’ll report it to Arlo again. Try and see if the notification accuracy issue is resolved, and let me know if you still experience that issue.

Discussion stats