Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Cummon Arlo , both me and my father having the same issue yesterday and today in the UK, getting loads of notifications but random cameras actually not recording.
We have both restarted hubs with no change.
These are not cheap cameras and i feel like I've purchased cheap!
300 REPLIES 300
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Also does anyone else get duplicate recordings?
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

These are the issues that I've been experiencing:

- Duplication of videos in my library (not a whole lot, but it does happen and only has been happening recently)

- Motion sometimes not detected or recorded

- Motion detected and appears as a screenshot on the Main Page of the App but, no notification sent

- Motion detected and notification is sent, but nothing appears in the library

I can tolerate the duplication of videos, but the other issues are concerning. I didn't buy a security camera to experience such issues, and for the Arlo Support to take so long to address it. 

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Thanks for your input,
Yes it's the notification with no recording which is extremely concerning.
I've just had it happen again.
Not much point having this camera really.
This literally can only be a cloud issue, if the cameras are physically picking up the motion then it's the cloud software not keeping the footage,
PLEASE ARLO STAFF CAN U AT LEAST RESPOND AND ACKNOWLEDGE YOU ARE AWARE OF THE ISSUE
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
@ Kaynadian
Seeing as we are left to sort this mess ourselves, I have noticed something...
It was only by chance I found another setting menu I didn't know existed, you can add or remove cameras from smart notifications by holding your finger on each camera and dragging into appropriate box.
Only one of my cameras was in the ACTIVE box. This was the camera that has all the issues, I've moved it to the inactive box and it started working again.
This could be the whole issue that the server receives the video then doesn't return it after analysing it?
I still have my zones on, will report back with how I get on.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Shaun1234  Are talking about the subscriptions settings?

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
If you open the Arlo app
Then at the top right corner next to the shield there are 3 dots.
Select those and tap settings.
Scroll down to smart notifications.
All mine are now listed under the INACTIVE heading.
If yours isn't and you want to make it inactive, you have to select edit at top right corner.
Hold your finger on selected camera and drag up or down to inactive box.
Hope this makes sense, and please report back with progress if any.
Thanks
dcfox1
Master
Master

Yea I have all my cams active in Arlo smart setting. Get all recordings, smart notifications work and activity zones work. 

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Oh sorry thought you was asking because you had the same issues we are having
dcfox1
Master
Master

No problem I would assume that they would work if yours were active. Not sure whats going on with yours. 

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
They was active, but now I've turned them off the cameras seem to be recording again.
Temporary fix possibly, I just want to know it's going to record if anything should happen.
It's just so deflating when you spend alot of money on a product then to have to spend hours and hours of your time trying to get it to work correctly.
I'm not sure it ever will
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@Shaun1234 

Thanks for letting me know! Although I did check, and my own are already on. My issues still persist 😞

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No, mine are now INACTIVE,
Thanks
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC 

Is this something that's currently being investigated by Arlo? I also noticed that the Arlo Ultra forum contains a lot of posts regarding this issue about how motion is detected with notifications is sent to user via Arlo App, but when opening App, no items are located in the library.

I contacted Arlo Support two weeks ago and we had exhausted all troubleshooting techniques, and they said they'll get back to me (but nothing as of today still). I'm disappointed with the lack of communication and the length of time it's taking to figure this out, as I'd like my cameras to work.

In addition, I'm also paying the monthly Arlo subscription, and my services aren't even functioning properly and I'm not getting the help I need. Considering the price of the cameras I paid for, and the monthly subscription, it is extremely upsetting and frustrating.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kaynadian,

Do you have a support ticket number I can reference and escalate regarding this issue?

JamesC

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC 

Hello James,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I do. My case number is: 41605291

Thank you.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
@Kaynadian
Can please keep me posted on Arlo response incase they privately email you.
Thanks
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@Shaun1234 

Absolutely! I'll keep you posted. Hopefully I do hear from them and we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel for this issue.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
My fingers are crossed
LensCleaner
Star
Star

Number 23 in the queue now with the same issue on my ultras. Last 24 hours I've removed the cameras from "Smart" Notifications as well as removing the zones on them and every notification I've had has triggered a recording as you would expect.

Not really the answer you want for hundreds of pounds worth of cameras!

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No definitely, just removing smart got mine working, my zones are still on and working perfectly.
Like you say though, this really should be a minor issue with their server software which you would assume some whizz kid would figure out within 24 hours, it's so annoying that we have to figure out the issue for them, then wait for them to admit an issue, then again to attempt to fix it!
If these were cheap cameras I would understand but I paid nearly £1000 for 4, I want them perfect!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kaynadian,

Thank you. I've requested a status update for your support ticket. An agent should be reaching out to you shortly.

JamesC

LensCleaner
Star
Star

Well my cameras worked with smart notifications enabled last night, no recordings missing from the library. The painful way in which we got there was a sort of glorified turn it on and off and remove the affected cameras from the plan and then put them back on over the space of 2 hours, featuring 3 different support agents. I hope everything will now continue to work properly but have my doubts.

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC 

Thank you, I hope to hear from an agent soon with a solution.

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

I tried that with an agent before too, but that didn't resolve my issue as shortly after, I noticed the issue again. 

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Same here, mine lasted 3 days then same issue returned.
Discussion stats