Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Annoyingcamera
Aspirant
Aspirant
Bought a second camera which came with a free trial. Once that started my camera with the subscription is still active but no longer records or responds to motion. I have spent approximately 90 - 120 minutes on chat with arlo and they are still unable to resolve the issue. I have asked if upgrading my account to multi camera and discarding the trial will fix the issue. They never answer that question. At this point I upgraded simply to get my camera operating. I will have to see if it works. I am fed up with this. Any other solutions for this? Anyone else forced to upgrade because arlo wasn’t providing what they were paying for?
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Annoyingcamera wrote:
my camera with the subscription is still active but no longer records or responds to motion.

Can you make a manual recording?

Annoyingcamera
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I can make manual recordings.
Annoyingcamera
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since upgrading my subscription to multi camera this evening now I find that neither one of my cameras is recording now. So we’ve gone from bad to worse.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Annoyingcamera wrote:
Since upgrading my subscription to multi camera this evening now I find that neither one of my cameras is recording now.

Go in to the subscription area, and make sure the cameras didn't get shifted into the "no plan" list when you upgraded.

@Annoyingcamera wrote:
Yes, I can make manual recordings.

That is an easy way to confirm that the camera is in the subscription plan.

The next step is to look at the mode for the camera (or base the camera is connected to), and make sure there is a rule for the camera in the mode.

Annoyingcamera
Aspirant
Aspirant
Under active cameras it has my first one under the multi cam subscription and the new one under the free trial. I can’t move the one in the free trial.

Yes, mode is ok and all are set to record. Nothing has changed other than the free trial with the new camera and now the upgrade subscription.

Exasperated.
I think I’ll have to next try to cancel the free trial even though I can’t get it back.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation