Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DMAC_NZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey team, 

When manually putting cameras into armed and disarmed, no issue...

But when im in schedule mode, everything set up right there are multiple recordings per day but no notification to my phone or from the app..

The rules are right (as schedule mode just uses the settings from armed mode), and nothing on my phone is blocking is as when in armed mode (manually) I have no issue.

Arlo doesnt seem to understand what im saying here, does anyone else...... because schedule mode is a great idea but not at the risk of missing something.

2 REPLIES 2
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@DMAC_NZ wrote:

The rules are right (as schedule mode just uses the settings from armed mode), and nothing on my phone is blocking is as when in armed mode (manually) I have no issue.

You seem to be doing it right, but it is easy to get lost in the details.

The value of "Schedule" mode is that it switches between other modes to a timetable that you set in the schedule.

In my case, it switches between Armed and Night, a custom mode I created.

You need to set the alerts in the mode that the Schedule uses.

But Modes do not send alerts, that is in the hands of the Rules. Have you checked the setting in each of the Rules

How do I configure and use the Schedule option?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
DMAC_NZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

yeah,  checked the rules and understand that concept. Like I mentioned, when it armed mode, I get notifications from the app, because those rules are right per each camera. But when in Schedule mode (during the day this is set to use 'armed' there is no notifications. In my opinion this is a functional bug in the android platform for the software.

If I leave the system in armed mode, there is no issue at all, and like you said schedule mode only calls on the functions and rules from the mode it uses (in this case 'armed') but something is not right somewhere, because how can armed mode be perfectly fine on its own, but when called from the schedule mode, nothing happens. But when going into the app and checking the library there are videos there during the day.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation