Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Streaming/recording indicator LED on Pro 3

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
falconbrad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can someone tell me where I can set my Pro 3 cameras to indicate that the camera is currently recording? There must be some way to set the LED indicator to come on when the camera has detected motion, is streaming, and/or is recording. All I see is an option to suppress the full-charge indicator in the options for my cameras. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera on the Devices tab will show an amber motion icon (a ball with 3 lines for the app, a running man for the web) when recording. The camera itself can't be set to turn on its LED.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@falconbrad wrote:

Can someone tell me where I can set my Pro 3 cameras to indicate that the camera is currently recording?

I'd use an app for a mobile device.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera on the Devices tab will show an amber motion icon (a ball with 3 lines for the app, a running man for the web) when recording. The camera itself can't be set to turn on its LED.

falconbrad
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, that answers my question. Crazy that there's no option to set the camera indicator LED to show when the camera is recording. Tangentially, I thought that was a firm requirement for HomeKit compatibility, but I guess not.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation