Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

For the last two days, I can not access my recordings on the base from any cameras and doorbell.  I am still getting notifications and a snapshot, but no new or past recordings are available.  Is this a ploy to make us subscribe?  I have had the cameras a long time and have done all the trouble shooting tips to no avail.

97 REPLIES 97
dcfox1
Master
Master

@kvsqz511 wrote:

I'm having the same issue. Also, want to know when or if they're going to allow the people, that have granted access, access to view the local storage ONCE THAT'S RESOLVED. Instead of trying to forcefully make us get us a subscription. 

Or can I return?... after 3 months?? 

Depends on the retailers Return policy where you purchased it. Many are 30 days. 

Spectre0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Anyone have issues with the App where your cloud/local storage option disappeared from library?  I'm reading comments on Google Play that there's issues with the App.  Anyone have a workaround?  Cameras are useless unless I sign up for plan.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Spectre0 wrote:

Anyone have issues with the App where your cloud/local storage option disappeared from library?  I'm reading comments on Google Play that there's issues with the App.  Anyone have a workaround?  Cameras are useless unless I sign up for plan.

It's a bug in the Android 3.5.1 app, but not in the iOS app.

You can of course eject the USB drive, and review the recordings in a PC.

Spectre0
Aspirant
Aspirant

Defeats the purpose of viewing remotely while away.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Spectre0 wrote:

Defeats the purpose of viewing remotely while away.

@Spectre0  As said in the many post here Arlo is aware and working on a fix. 

Ummie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good that support/dev team is on it. Hope for a quick fix!

Mottom
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try uninstalling 3.5.1 and install 3.2.3 .That worked for me,I'm able to access my local storage library.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App. Please make sure you have the latest version (3.5.2) downloaded and installed from the app store.

Thank you,

JamesC

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Just downloaded.  Seems to be fixed 

Thanks

JBHRCO
Tutor
Tutor

I am having a similar issue, I cant access local recordings from 1 of my 6 cameras.  I do receive notifications in the app.  When I try to go live it spins and spins, then timesout. My Arlo App is running 3.5.2_2835,  the camera having the issue is one of the original 5 cameras.  I also have a Pro 3 camera that is not on a subscription plan.  Should I unpair and try to re-pair this camera.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

Look under settings of your base and see if all your cameras are listed under devices.  If not, add that camera

JBHRCO
Tutor
Tutor

thank you, they are all listed. I am rebooting the base station, cant hurt.  appreciate it

JBHRCO
Tutor
Tutor

Reboot worked, thanks everyone.

Sol13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Uninstall and reinstall the App.
Sol13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Insert USB for local storage...
If all else fails...uninstall and reinstall Arlo App...
ptpender
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems to be working.

Thanks.

StanKL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looks like the app update fixes the problem on my Android phone. SUPPORT had no clue how to fix it. Apparently they didn't know there is an app update. GOOD GRIEF! 

Dziemvuong
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James

My Arlo on my I phone Mobile app showed 3.5 (2590), released July 8 2021. Does it considered as ver 3.5.2 ?

Jimmy

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dziemvuong wrote:

Hi James

My Arlo on my I phone Mobile app showed 3.5 (2590), released July 8 2021. Does it considered as ver 3.5.2 ?

Jimmy

The app bug with direct access to local storage only affected Android, not iPhone.

Is your problem related to recording generally, or is it specific to direct access to local (usb or microSD) storage?

Koby
Aspirant
Aspirant
Trust me your issue is temporarily resolved and will return. My system periodically allows me to access videos and most times does not. This is an on going issue and I'm at the point where I'm going to ask for a refund.
Majeson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dear, I have the same issue and there is no new version 3.5.2 available in app store.
Please provide the update as soon as possible.
StanKL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Run/Install the Play Store version with the Arlo Logo. If you find the correct one, it actually says Arlo App 3.5.3, When I did it, mine updated to version 3.5.3 on my Android Phone. It seems to work. My only complaint is the unimproved extremely long delay time between activity and alert (Latency).

Majeson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hm ok, thank you for your help but I need the update for iOS.
Spectre0
Aspirant
Aspirant
The update was for Android users and there was no issues affecting iOS.
Majeson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hm, since Saturday it is not saved any more.