Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
supplyguy70
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had this camera pointing at the stop sign in front of my house due to the high volume of traffic and the number of serious incidents that have happened there.  Just for instance.  Today, there was a truck with trailer driving down the street and the camera in the driveway captured him losing his trailer and it hitting a HOUSE...  Needless to say, I rely on these cameras on a regular basis for Idiots on the road and proof to the police and the city planner that there should be at very least a 4 way stop at this intersection.  I will be the first to admit that the cameras get a workout, but I'm not aware of any video quantity limitations on the cameras or light / wind restrictions.  Not that any of those would be a problem.   

I purchased the System in November of 2020 so It couldn't be the age of the system.   

I would appreciate any feedback or assistance that you have.  Thanks in advance.  WIN_20210410_11_26_58_Pro.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
supplyguy70
Aspirant
Aspirant

of course the image didnt upload  :-)of course the image didnt upload 🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't see the pics until they're approved. You can repost them by using the file attachment paper clip under the text box instead.

However, what is your question?

supplyguy70
Aspirant
Aspirant

the picture doesn't matter its just showing that it doesn't connect.  My question is just what would cause such a problem on one camera after such a short time.  could it be something that I would need to look into a warranty issue do you think or would there be something else in the mix.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Timeouts can have more than one cause - the timeout basically means something on the path (base, cloud, app) gave up because it got no response.

The weakest link in the chain is usually the link between the camera and the base.  Is the signal strength low?  Is this happening at all hours, or only at night? 

Also, are you seeing any indication that the system is missing recordings?  Or is it only live view?

I think the hardware itself is pretty reliable, but you still might want to contact support.

supplyguy70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now I see what your getting at,  I guess I should have given you that information as well.  I felt I was getting a bit windy.  When this all happens I have to re-sync or re-start the camera.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@supplyguy70 wrote:

When this all happens I have to re-sync or re-start the camera.

Maybe try accessing the camera with my.arlo.com the next time it happens on the app.

Is the app reporting that the camera is offline after this happens?

Also, how many bars are you seeing for signal strength (for the camera)?

supplyguy70
Aspirant
Aspirant

TBH I think I've done all I can do.  I'm going to have to go through support.  I've removed and re-installed the camera several times since i've posted this on both the app and through the website.  I just can't imagine that there is anything that removing and re-installing it completely wouldn't fix (or at least it should considering it gives it the best possible outcome)

supplyguy70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh.  I've moved it since and it stays at full bars so the signal strength isn't the problem.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@supplyguy70 wrote:

Oh.  I've moved it since and it stays at full bars so the signal strength isn't the problem.

Maybe try support then.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation