Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple Users working, but some restrictions on features

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bherman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all - I'm new to Arlo and this forum. Just set up a 3-camera system, so far everything is working great. The only issue that we are running into is that when my wife accesses the app from her phone (both iPhones) some of the functions are limited. For example under Device Settings for each camera, when we go into Video settings, the only thing that shows is Brightness. She is not able to toggle Local 2k or Auto tracking or any other settings on and off, only on my phone. The "Friend" menu shows that she has been granted administrative rights for all three cameras. Any reason for this restriction?, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bherman,

While most features are available for adjustment when access rights are enabled, some features remain locked to the primary account. For more information, take a look here: What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bherman,

While most features are available for adjustment when access rights are enabled, some features remain locked to the primary account. For more information, take a look here: What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

JamesC

tony_2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah, I didn't like that viewing local storage was locked to the primary account.

bherman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply - perhaps in a future update, Arlo would consider either adding more features to a secondary user, perhaps switchable at the discretion of the primary user?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation