Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CraigArlo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is there a way to NOT record motion events. Example, windy day will cause bushes to sway back and forth, and I end up with dozens of recorded "motion" events that eat up the battery. I have notifications silenced for these events, so I am not alerted each time, but the events are listed in the library and main concern is battery life drops for events that I would like to NOT be recorded. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CraigArlo wrote:

I end up with dozens of recorded "motion" events that eat up the battery. I have notifications silenced for these events, so I am not alerted each time, but the events are listed in the library and main concern is battery life drops for events that I would like to NOT be recorded. Thanks.

The events are analyzed in the Arlo Cloud, so filtering based on the event classification cannot improve battery life.

The only way to get battery savings is to adjust the camera settings so fewer events are streamed.  You can temporarily raise the motion detection threshold.  Or just turn off the aftected cameras for a while.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@CraigArlo wrote:

I end up with dozens of recorded "motion" events that eat up the battery. I have notifications silenced for these events, so I am not alerted each time, but the events are listed in the library and main concern is battery life drops for events that I would like to NOT be recorded. Thanks.

The events are analyzed in the Arlo Cloud, so filtering based on the event classification cannot improve battery life.

The only way to get battery savings is to adjust the camera settings so fewer events are streamed.  You can temporarily raise the motion detection threshold.  Or just turn off the aftected cameras for a while.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation