Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Vincent2166
Tutor
Tutor

Hi I'm having two issue with my system at the moment

One issue is that when I make changes to the mode it is not flowing through to the system. For example last night I disarmed the system as I was up late and don't want to trigger it all the time but while the app said it was disarmed it the cameras would keep triggering and record. This has happened before and the only way to have the change actually stick is to restart the base station.

The second issue is that the mode is not following the schedule correctly. I have noticed that the system sometimes ignores the mode I set in the schedule and instead just disarm all the devices instead. The mode still shows it's on adhering to the schedule but instead of showing the mode I've told it to, it says disarmed. Again it doesn't fix without a base station restart 

Please advise as I can't keep restarting the base station all the time. The system was fine for many years until the last few months

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which base/hub is it? How are you changing modes and schedules - app or web client? Are all firmwares up to date? Check https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

Vincent2166
Tutor
Tutor

Hi the hub is VMB4540r2.

I'm accessing it via the app on Android.

Everything is on latest firmware and app version.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For starters, reboot the phone and reinstall the app. Also try the web client to make changes to see if that helps. You may want to rebuild your modes/rules with a new mode as well as rebuild the schedule.

winz
Tutor
Tutor

Have a similar issue. The mode changes on the app but the cameras don't seem to recognise the mode change and stays on the previous mode. Finally figured if I restart the base station, then it actually changes to the new mode. Everything is up to date, tried rebooting cameras, uninstalling and reinstalling app, deleting and remaking modes, even tried on the web version on PC, same issue. Basically any mode change must be followed up with a base station restart to work properly. Can't pinpoint when this issue started as I haven't had to change modes in a while, maybe early this yr.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you've already done what I'd suggest, I'd do 2 things:

1) Contact official support to raise awareness. Use Settings, Support (old UI) or Settings, Support Center (new UI) to do this.

2) They will likely ask you to remove all devices and start fresh, as if new, so you may want to do this first. It's brute force but usually clears up any weirdnesses.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation