Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DaveP_TX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Maybe I am just missing something, but I would love to set up a mode much like the default "Armed" model that is not based on a trigger, but on manual input in the app. For example, sometimes I need to be working in the back yard and would love to turn on all the cameras in just the front yard, but leave the back yard cameras off. Is there a way to do this and I am just missing it? Again, just like with the Arm All and Disarm All manual action, I'd love for a trigger for a custom mode be manual input and not just sound or motion. If this is answered elsewhere and I have just missed it, please redirect me there. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DaveP_TX wrote:

Again, just like with the Arm All and Disarm All manual action, I'd love for a trigger for a custom mode be manual input and not just sound or motion. If this is answered elsewhere and I have just missed it, please redirect me there. Thanks in advance.

You do this by creating the custom mode, and then manually engaging it by selecting the "Mode" control in the web browser or app.

DaveP_TX
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have created a custom mode. However, the mode still requires audio or motion detection to be chosen as a trigger for other actions. I just want to arm a specific set of sensors to do the exact same thing that they would do if the system were "Armed". I don't necessarily want the other cameras, etc. to be triggered to record video if another camera detects motion or sound. I just want to define a subset of cameras to act as they would if the system were in "Armed" mode. I do realize that I just may not understand the programmability of custom modes properly. Thanks!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DaveP_TX wrote:

I just want to define a subset of cameras to act as they would if the system were in "Armed" mode. I do realize that I just may not understand the programmability of custom modes properly. Thanks!

You include the cameras in the mode that you want to be armed, and leave out the cameras that you don't want armed.

Then you configure the trigger, recording, etc for the selected camera to match the settings for those cameras in Armed mode.

@DaveP_TX wrote:

I just want to arm a specific set of sensors to do the exact same thing that they would do if the system were "Armed". 

There is no shortcut to do that.  As noted above you do need to create new rules for the cameras you want armed, and configure the settings to match what is in armed.

DaveP_TX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your patience with me on this. Your answers helped me to understand better how the rules actually work. All good now - so thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation