Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local storage not working / no free Cloud

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JHooven
Aspirant
Aspirant

I used to be able to see local storage and I'm unable to now. It took away my free 7 day cloud storage. I lost cameras today tried to charge me $200 for 2 years. Can anyone help me with this? 

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JHooven wrote:

It took away my free 7 day cloud storage. 

There is no free 7-day cloud storage for the Pro 3.  That requires a subscription.  Arlo stopped offering for new cameras starting with the Ultra back in 2018.  

1. Do you have a trial that just expired?
  2. Or are you giving us the wrong camera model?  You can find it by opening the camera and removing the battery - there is a label inside.

@JHooven wrote:

I used to be able to see local storage

What base station model do you have?  There should be a label on it that starts with VMBxxxx.

@JHooven wrote:

tried to charge me $200 for 2 years. 

Then you reached a scam site.  Perhaps you googled for a phone number?

JHooven
Aspirant
Aspirant

No my trial ended a while ago. I bought a hard drive to keep local storage and it isn't letting me view it. It's showing that it's downloaded. I used to be able to see it. Now I can't. I'm at home on my wifi and connected to my wifi. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JHooven wrote:

No my trial ended a while ago. I bought a hard drive to keep local storage and it isn't letting me view it. It's showing that it's downloaded. I used to be able to see it. Now I can't. I'm at home on my wifi and connected to my wifi. 

What model base do you have?

Have you tried ejecting the storage, and connecting it to a PC?  Then look to see if the recordings are on the drive.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation