Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Local storage - do pro 3 cameras still get look back?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi does anyone know with the Arlo pro 3 camera, with no plan using usb local storage, if the cameras are permanently powered do you still get the 3 second look back?
Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shaun1234 wrote:
Hi does anyone know with the Arlo pro 3 camera, with no plan using usb local storage, if the cameras are permanently powered do you still get the 3 second look back?
Thanks in advance

I haven't confirmed this myself, but the "foresight" feature is supposed to work that way.  When the camera is powered, it is always capturing video into a circular 3-second buffer, and then includes that buffer when it streams the recording.  That should also work, no matter what plan you are on.

Note that the KB article says it will work without a subscription, though I think that could be more clearly written.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062053/How-does-the-Foresight-feature-work-on-my-Arlo-camera wrote:
You must have an Arlo Smart Premier or Elite subscription if you have an Arlo Ultra, Pro 3, or Video Doorbell.
Note: Alternatively, you can record to a microSD or USB device.

The note covers the direct access to local storage case.  @JamesC  - can you confirm this?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation