Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro3 battery life

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable
It is impossible that the battery can use for 3months! They are cheating customers to buy their products! Because the cameras have motions very frequently when the camera install outside the front door. The more frequent the motion has, the faster the battery power consume. The meaning that the cameras exist is according motions. If we let the camera accord less motion just because its battery is poor, why we buy the cameras? Also the spot light will turn on automatically if there is motion. If we just for save battery life close these functions, why we buy the camera! They are cheating costumers. The battery life usage is one month at most, it is impossible use 3months
4 REPLIES 4
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Retired_Member wrote:
It is impossible that the battery can use for 3months!

Some of my cameras can manage three months. It depends on the workload.

@Retired_Member wrote:
Because the cameras have motions very frequently when the camera install outside the front door. The more frequent the motion has, the faster the battery power consume.

Yes, if you put a camera in a busy area, it will eat battery. Locations like that might be best suited to using "mains power" with a USB adapter suited to outdoor use.

@Retired_Member wrote:
The battery life usage is one month at most, it is impossible use 3months

See above.

If anyone checks that manual for the Pro 3, they will see that it claims:

"The camera rechargeable battery life is four to six months with normal usage and can be extended for optimal usage if you use key settings and follow certain tips."

To my mind they are pushing things there. But without a definition of what Arlo means by "normal usage", it is hard to argue.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:
But without a definition of what Arlo means by "normal usage", it is hard to argue.

They do define it here: 

https://kb.arlo.com/291/How-can-I-extend-my-Arlo-camera-s-battery-life wrote:
The batteries in your Arlo Pro or Arlo Wire-Free camera last for about four to six months with normal usage, which is about five minutes of recordings a day.

Though it would be better if this was also spelled out in the manual.

FWIW, I really don't know how long my own batteries last - with multiple cameras, it's hard to track, since they need recharging at different times.  Also, I don't let them drain completely - when I see the caution indication on the battery, I generally recharge them at the next convenient time (depending partly on weather).  So there is often 10-20% capacity still in the battery.  I guess I could keep a log, but I haven't taken the trouble.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a PS... to track my batteries, I just add the date to the end of the camera name.

exp; cam1 (2-15)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

I keep the email alerts warning me when the batteries are at death's door.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation