Local storage access using VPN.

Discussion stats
  • 54 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 14 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ripjsh - Thank you for your comment.  That explains a lot of users' frustrations.  Users using iPhones seem to be successful and us Android folks are the ones that have not been able to make this work.  I would like to know if the Arlo support people are responsive at all.  Will they even admit that this is a problem?

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'll post Support's reply when I receive it. New case #41756434.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Let me add one cent.

My router is TP-link and I setup OpenVPN.

My Android phone successfully connected to VPN, but Arlo app cannot access to local storage.

From my understanding, my phone has IP, 10.0.0.x/255.255.255.0 from TP-link VPN setting.  and Arlo hug gets IP, 192.168.1.x/255.255.255.0  

I think Arlo app does not search over subnet.  It means, Alro app only search inside 10.0.0.x ( from 10.0.0.0~10.0.0.255).  Arlo does not search over 192.168.1.x range.

This is Arlo app design issue.

And even there is a bug on port forwarding, so it is useless now (whenever restarts Arlo app, it stops port forwarding).

I doubt Arlo is pushing users to subscribe their cloud.

so disappointed..... they can fix it.... but they do not...... or they don't want to fix....

Model: VMB5000 | Arlo Ultra SmartHub
Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

I think whatever is going on is a bit more then a port forwarding issue. I can't see any recordings cloud or otherwise if i am not connected to my local network. Very strange.

Port forwarding and Arlo services are completely independent. They really shouldn't have a impact on each other unless Arlo is trying to use our local attached storage and present it as cloud storage. If that is the case they should be chastised. I don't think it is though or atleast as of yet. They must have something else going on. 

No matter how you look at it though no not being able to see a single cloud recording when I have one camera on CVR and another with Arlo Smart is not a good thing. 

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC  I have not heard back from Support other than the automated email notifying me that Arlo case #41756434 had been created on June 18. 

Would you please check into this case and reply with a status update? Thanks!

Model: VMB4540 | Arlo Pro 3 SmartHub
Discussion stats
  • 54 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 14 In Conversation