Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live view cameras with Edge ( Version 83.0.478.37) (Arlo Pro 3, Arlo Pro2)

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I have an Arlo Pro 3/Pro 2 system. When I try to live view, thru Edge on Windows 10, 1909, I see what appears to be a "live" picture, but I don't get any audio and to me it looks like the picture is frozen.  When I try this in Chrome, I see a similar result.  I used to run an old version of Edge, which would show video and audio fine.  I can't seem to figure out why the new version of edge is not live viewing (with audio) correctly. I'm an Engineer by trade, I can live view the cameras fine in arlo apps (IOS) on my iPhone and iPad, so the issue is not with the setup at home.  Its also not a bandwidth issue, as I have 500/500 thru my ISP (not that it should matter when doing a local live view, anyway).  My cameras all have strong signal, so its not a signal issue.  I realize you are no longer using flash (finally), but for some reason live view is not happy in this new version of Edge. Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Its very strange to me. I can click "live" and it "appears" to go into live, but the picture does not refresh (looks like a snapshot) and I get no volume. It worked fine before I upgraded to the latest version of Edge. I'm not willing to downgrade my browser for Arlo, Arlo needs to make sure that they are staying up-to-date with modern browsers. I could never get live to work in chrome (once it was no longer flash), and since the newest edge is a "chromium" base, I have to wonder if this will ever work on Edge now too. I can use my phone, obivously, to see everything fine. In fact, I can't even play 2k videos in my browser without downloading them (another annoyance), but I do have workarounds.  It's a shame they killed the apple tv app for Arlo, I used that most frequently.

Update: My browser is now on 

Microsoft Edge is up to date.Version 83.0.478.44 (Official build) (64-bit)

Update, its now working. I think I isolated the root cause. There was a "DISABLE HTML5" auto play plugin in my chrome that imported into the new edge (since they are the same base browser). I removed that plugin and now its working as expected. Live video, audio, etc. Doh! The plugin wasn't showing on my edge bar so I manually removed it from my plugins folder and now its fine. Go figure. 

So, if you're having issues, make sure you don't have any wierd plugins. Lesson learned. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I had the same issue when I upgraded to the new edge browser. I posted on here asking if anyone else was having this problem but no one was. No matter what I did nothing worked. Finally I just went back to the old version of edge. Everything is back to working as it was. I had to do a system restore in order to get the old version back. 

Hope this helps. If you find a solution please post back here as myself and I'm sure others will be interested in the solution.

dcfox1
Master
Master

I have live view just fine in update to edge. I cant view 2k recordings though. I could finally  after Arlo got away from flash for about a week or two then could not again. I made no changes so who knows. 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@dcfox1 wrote:

I have live view just fine in update to edge. I cant view 2k recordings though. I could finally  after Arlo got away from flash for about a week or two then could not again. I made no changes so who knows. 

Edge Version 83.0.478.44 (Official build) (64-bit)

Live streaming is Working here, likewise 2k recordings. 4k too,

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
dcfox1
Master
Master

I have that version. weird that it worked for a while then stopped for 2k 

dcfox1
Master
Master

I just doubled checked and i have the 478.37. Will check for an update. I just updated to  that about 2 months ago. 

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Its very strange to me. I can click "live" and it "appears" to go into live, but the picture does not refresh (looks like a snapshot) and I get no volume. It worked fine before I upgraded to the latest version of Edge. I'm not willing to downgrade my browser for Arlo, Arlo needs to make sure that they are staying up-to-date with modern browsers. I could never get live to work in chrome (once it was no longer flash), and since the newest edge is a "chromium" base, I have to wonder if this will ever work on Edge now too. I can use my phone, obivously, to see everything fine. In fact, I can't even play 2k videos in my browser without downloading them (another annoyance), but I do have workarounds.  It's a shame they killed the apple tv app for Arlo, I used that most frequently.

Update: My browser is now on 

Microsoft Edge is up to date.Version 83.0.478.44 (Official build) (64-bit)

Update, its now working. I think I isolated the root cause. There was a "DISABLE HTML5" auto play plugin in my chrome that imported into the new edge (since they are the same base browser). I removed that plugin and now its working as expected. Live video, audio, etc. Doh! The plugin wasn't showing on my edge bar so I manually removed it from my plugins folder and now its fine. Go figure. 

So, if you're having issues, make sure you don't have any wierd plugins. Lesson learned. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@kmiller8821  Glad to see it worked. I updated and the same with recordings and dont have that plug in. Did it fix viewing 2k recordings? I can live with no 2k recordings. . I cant tell the difference and also like the pan and zoom on. 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation