Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo 3 Pro does not record video or alert. The camera only shows up in my app and no one elses.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Highlighted
Follower
Follower

I have four Arlo Pro 3 cameras and I recently installed a 5th camera. The 5th camera gives me an indication that it detects motion but it wont record or send me notifications when someone walks by the camera. I set up the camera in my app and I have shared administrator privileges with my wife and the camera does not show up in her app. How do I fix these 2 problems. 

Model: VMC4040P | Arlo Pro 3 Wire-Free Camera
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

EnDURANce,

Check your modes and rules to make sure this new camera is configured correctly to record when motion is detected.

When adding new devices, you must share them like you shared the original devices. Log in to your Arlo mobile app and navigate to Settings > Grant Access and make sure the new camera is toggled for the grant access user.

JamesC

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Pro Base station with Arlo Pro Cameras, recently bought the arlo pro 3 camera and added it to my system. However, I have the same problem, the camera is not recording and only shows that there is a motion in the room.

Model: VMB4000 | Arlo Pro/Pro2 Base Station
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

aabdelbaqi,

Do you have a subscription plan for the recently added Pro 3 camera? Arlo Pro 3 requires a subscription to Arlo Smart for recordings to be saved in the library.

JamesC

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

No I dont have a plan, and that is what I understood from support team.

This information was not shared before buying the new camera. And this is weird since the old system was working fine with no subscription. Its not a good approach to force customers to buy a subscription plan to get the essential job of a security camera.

Also, most of the reviews on Arlo's FaceBook page shows that alot of customers are complaining of the same issue.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation