Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lenglee2012
Tutor
Tutor

I have two arlo pro 3 cameras that are on oppposite sides of an exterior wall.  They were working fine but for no reasons, they now trigger each other's light to come on and would cycle all night long.  For example cam 1 light comes on, turns off, then cam 2 light comes on, turns off, then cam 1 comes back on and they keep triggering each other all night.  Nether are detection any motions.  It appears that the light just keep triggering each other.  If I turn one cam off, then it stops.  If I turn it back on then they to back to this cycle.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lenglee2012 wrote:

I have two arlo pro 3 cameras that are on oppposite sides of an exterior wall.  They were working fine but for no reasons, they now trigger each other's light to come on and would cycle all night long.  For example cam 1 light comes on, turns off, then cam 2 light comes on, turns off, then cam 1 comes back on and they keep triggering each other all night.  Nether are detection any motions.  It appears that the light just keep triggering each other.  If I turn one cam off, then it stops.  If I turn it back on then they to back to this cycle.

FWIW, I have some cameras also arranged this way, and I am not seeing your problem.  But they are not Pro 3s.

You could try adjusting the motion sensitivity downward, and see if that stops the cycling (but still is high enough to detect people entering the field of view).

Another thing you could try is to disable color night vision on one the two cameras, and see if the IR LEDs also trigger this behavior.

Lenglee2012
Tutor
Tutor

It was working fine until recently.  Decreasing motion didn't fix it.  I can't turn off night light as it will turn spot light off.  Turning spotlight off works but I need spot light.  It appears to be a glitch w arlo as they are triggering each other's light to come on.  Arlo sucks.  I have an an unlimited cam subscription but when the bot keeps saying I don't have a paid subscription and can access chat support.  Stupid.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lenglee2012 wrote:

It was working fine until recently.  Decreasing motion didn't fix it.  I can't turn off night light as it will turn spot light off.  Turning spotlight off works but I need spot light. 

Do you actually need the spotlight on both cameras?  Or just one?

Are you recording "until motion stops" or are you using a fixed recording time?  

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation