Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Helushka8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just 2 months into using this and the base station is blinking amber. Called Arlo and they said that they cant do anything since I am in Singapore. Called the retailer Challenger and they said they cant do anything as its more than 7days and its the manufacturer's responsibility.

Crap product and crap service and its so expensive. Thought i was paying for quality, but guess its not. 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ummm - did you call the Singapore number listed when you use the Contact Support link at the bottom here? I see 800 101 4013.

Helushka8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes that was the number I called.

Then the primary problem is that a piece of premium priced equipment for security purposes failed just after 2 months. That's not a reliability record that I would trust important stuff with. I switched to Arlo because my previous cheaper D-link cameras, whilst good, the app to access the cameras was not reliable. Still it didnt fail after 2 months. Here i am thinking that Arlo would be better with the higher price tag.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Electronic failures happen at any time, even on Ferraris or satellites. I would try calling again to get a different person to talk to.

The blinking amber LED means a camera is out of range or has a weak signal (https://kb.arlo.com/000039100/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-mean). Try moving the hub closer to the cameras or bring the cameras closer to the hub to test.

jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Are you in Singapore? As I am. Same problem. Changed base station, changed router still no luck. Called Starhub and all ports are working.

There's a thread in the pro2 forum about the same issue for many of us.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jjongkp,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

jjongkp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Already have. No answers yet despite a one to one exchange with the same problem.

Hoping one of the moderators will send this higher up
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation