Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MartinSWE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are there realy anyone that can say that they can rely on their ARLO system!? I have tested my Arlo Pro system with 4 cameras and all I can say is that it is frustrating! Sometimes it work´s OK but most of the time it´s not connecting to one or more cameras, even if signal strength is "strong", it´s missing to record, or it´s missing to send notifications... When trying to start the app, it tells you you´re logged out and someone else is logged in... the list of frustrating faults can be endless. I realy like the idea with the system but it can not be this unstable because then it´s just unusable to me. I hope there can be something done from ARLO about reliability!? Or is it possible that it´s just my system are from a "bad batch"...? 

Considering the price I would have hoped for a lot more!

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MartinSWE,

Do all cameras behave this way or is it specific cameras that are having these issues? Your environment can greatly impact connectivity due to potential interference from other WiFi devices. This can cause many of the symptoms you describe here. Sometimes relocating your SmartHub so that it's closer to the cameras and further away from other WiFi devices can improve connectivity and alleviate these issues.

Additionally, Who is your ISP and what are your download/upload speeds? 

JamesC

MartinSWE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank´s for responding!

First of all, let me inform you that I live in Sweden, it´s a cold country this time of year (which could be a parameter to consider) .My ISP provider is a mobile 4G solution. Normally with download speed around 20-40 Mbit/s and upload arond 10Mbit/s... 

I´m well aware about wifi interferance problems. I´ve spent hours moving both cameras and hub around to find the best signal. But the biggest problem is that even if I have indication of "full signal strenght" it doesn´t seem to matter. I have same problems with all 4 cameras randomly... that's what is so frustrating! 

I have also tried to "kill" all other wifi products in the house...still it´s just not reliable enough. 

I realize there is no "easy fix" for me, I have to somehow work around to find a solution, I just wan´t to tell others before they like myself spend a lot of money and then get dissapointed...at least think about making a proper installation with cameras with cables instead. That´s what I would have done if I could "turn back time..."  I was "blinded" by reading many positive rewievs about the ARLO system I´m afraid and it it seemed so convenient to avoid installing cables... :=)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation