Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo 3 Pro solar panel compatibility

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SimonFurtner
Aspirant
Aspirant
I purchased an Arlo 3 Pro system and also the Arlo Ultra Solar Panel Charger (VMA5600-10000S) as it shows as the recommended solar charger. I connected the solar charger to the camera, but it doesn't show a charge. My question is: Is this charger actually the correct charger for an Arlo 3 Pro and if it is, is there are trick to set up the solar charger (I tried to simulate the sun by a lamp, but nothing happened).  Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SimonFurtner,

The VMA5600 is the correct solar panel for your Arlo Pro 3 system. For more information on how to set up the solar panel for best performance, take a  look here: 

How do I set my Arlo Solar Panel (VMA4600) to power my Arlo Pro or Arlo Go camera?

How do I position the Arlo Solar Panel to get the most sunlight?

JamesC

SimonFurtner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for the fast answer! Just one more question: How can I tell the solar charger is actually charging? Should I see the charging symbol (battery with lighting symbol) in the Arlo App when the solar charger is providing power? Or is it just a trickle charge, that doesn't trigger this symbol? Thank you, Simon

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When there's enough light on the panel, you should see a lightning bolt over the battery icon.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

When there's enough light on the panel, you should see a lightning bolt over the battery icon.

Another aspect is that the battery won't charge if it is too cold.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation