Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is there a camera hidden in or around my house

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dmiller71
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is an odd question but I'm hoping someone might be able to help.  I'm going through a high conflict divorce. I found out that my ex recently bought arlo 3 pro wireless video cameras.  Is there a way to tell if they are hidden inside or outside my house?  Could I somehow see them transmitting a signal even if they weren't connected to my wifi?  I'm hoping I'm just paranoid, but he still has access to the house and it's an unsettling thought.

Thanks in advance for any tips you might be able to give.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dmiller71 wrote:

I found out that my ex recently bought arlo 3 pro wireless video cameras.  Is there a way to tell if they are hidden inside or outside my house? 

Pro 3 cameras require a base station that is normally connected to a router via ethernet.

The base station creates a closed WiFi network for the cameras that you should be able to see when you look for wifi on your phone, PC or tablet.  Look for a WiFi network that starts with ARLO_VMB_

dmiller71
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks so much for your reply. I don’t see any networks starting with that. Is It possible that the network to be renamed so it might be seen as something different?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No...if it's a base unit you can not RENAME it as there is no access to the base itself.

Also, if you still think there are wireless cameras ( tho the above use a base ) you can just change the SSID/PW on your router which would then lock them out.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation