Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base Station Cannot Access Local Storage

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
marloman
Follower
Follower

I'm unable to access my locally stored videos on my iPhone 11.  I have a 16G ScanDisk USB drive attached with plenty of available storage.  It was working up to a week or so ago.  I can access the videos from the USB drive on my MacBook.  I've reformatted the USB drive several times but still can't access the videos from the SmartHub.  I have 2 Pro 3 cameras and a doorbell.  I can see the live video but not the stored videos. 

Looking for solutions from anyone who can help.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the phone and reinstall the app.

dnartske
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem are that i can change to the local cart but the software cannot connect! Have the Base station some connection to Arlo when i am using the lokal disk?

//Thomas Ekstrand

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this happening

1. when you are home (and connected to your home network)?
  2. when you are away from home?
  3. both?
dnartske
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi !

I got it to work last night so i got the alarm to the hard disk, but if i manualy make a recording or take a picture on any camera the film or picture  this data ends up in the cloud even if a have the alarms goes to the hard disk!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dnartske wrote:
but if i manualy make a recording or take a picture on any camera the film or picture  this data ends up in the cloud even if a have the alarms goes to the hard disk!

Manually recordings (and snapshots) aren't available with direct access to local storage - you need cloud storage to make them.

dnartske
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok thats a pitty 

/Thomas

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation