Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Alerts Just Stopped Working

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DFH3
Tutor
Tutor

Video Records but push alerts to phones just stopped.   Using Pro 3 and the floodlight Cam. 

Please advise. 

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DFH3,

To receive push notifications you must be logged in to the Arlo mobile app, and the app must be running in the background on your mobile device. Are you logged in and is the app running?

JamesC

DFH3
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the response.  After speaking with support the issue is estimated to be my modem - my speed test was ridiculously slow.  The Rep. advised our speed was to low to support proper use of the Cameras and Floodlight. 

Thank you again!

Sudaf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same issue. I got two phones that the system sends smart notification to (or supposed to) but only one gets it all the time. Used to get notifications on both phones but since a few weeks ago this changed to only one phone getting the notifications. 

From what you are saying, you have to be logged in and app running in backgroud but only one phone can be logged in? As soon as i log in with my phone, the other phone gets logged out. And it's the logged out phone that keeps getting the notifications, not mine that is logged in. Does not make sense to me...

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sudaf wrote:

As soon as i log in with my phone, the other phone gets logged out. 

Only one device (app or web browser) can be logged in at at time.

If you have multiple phones (for instance for family members who need access), then you need to set up multiple accounts and use friend access.

Sudaf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I did that. Created another account. Added myself as a friend. Still not getting the notifications on my phone.

My Ipad, which wasn't logged in, got all the notifications however. As did the other phone (wife's) which both use the main account login with which the cameras were setup.

I feel like i am misunderstating the situation:

One phone is logged in with app running in backgroud - Gets notifications

Ipad not logged in but app is open in background - Gets notifications

My phone (logged in on either friends account or main account) - No Notifications. (Settings checked on phone - Arlo Notifations enabled)...

DFH3
Tutor
Tutor

Got my speed issue resolved and the no alerts issue still has not be resolved - even after spending nearly an hour on the phone with support yesterday. 

They advised this could be an issue a number of people are having, but were not ready to label it that yet.  The Support Tech advised he will call with an update today.  

Thanks for your information. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation