Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Independent camera management

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
IlMoro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have two Pro3 and a hub and cannot find the way how to have one camera always active and monitoring movements and the other one that can be activated as needed or by schedule.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Create one custom mode that has both cameras with rules. Create a second one with only the one camera that you want armed having a rule. Assuming you want both cameras on overnight, use the schedule to set the 2 camera mode from 12:00AM to, say, 7:00AM and again from, say, 10:00PM to 11:59PM. Then set the single camera mode to start at 7:00AM to 10:00PM. It really is that simple. Change the above as per your needs, including more time segments if needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the various FAQs here in the support section about creating custom modes and the schedule. In the Mode card, you can create and modify recording parameters individually. Remember that any camera without a rule is disarmed. Once you have as many modes as needed for various timeframes with only the cameras needed, place them in the schedule to automate the switching.

IlMoro
Aspirant
Aspirant

I red them and in fact I did not find any correct answer to my questions.

I need to have one camera that is always on and the other one that is ON only based on a predefined schedule.

Playing with modes it is very limited since I cannot at all satisfy my needs...apparently.

Any idea how I can accomplish my goal?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Create one custom mode that has both cameras with rules. Create a second one with only the one camera that you want armed having a rule. Assuming you want both cameras on overnight, use the schedule to set the 2 camera mode from 12:00AM to, say, 7:00AM and again from, say, 10:00PM to 11:59PM. Then set the single camera mode to start at 7:00AM to 10:00PM. It really is that simple. Change the above as per your needs, including more time segments if needed.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation