Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Please help. 4 pro2 cameras and 1 pro3.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Danoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi folks.
I have a vmb4500 base station with 4 pro2 cameras and 1 pro3.
The pro 3 alerts when motion is detected but doesn’t record nor save to my library.
Is the pro3 compatible with my base station or do I need to upgrade?
It used to work fine, but now it doesn’t.
I have the latest update etc, and also re-synced the cameras and reset the base station.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Regards
Dan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

The Pro 3 needs a subscription after the trial expires. Not sure if you have one. The Pro2 cams still have 7 day free cloud storage. Edit: JamesC we were typing at the same time, Didn't mean to repeat you.  hehe. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Danoe,

Arlo Pro 3 comes with a trial subscription of Arlo Smart allowing for content to be saved to the cloud library. After that subscription expires, you will need to subscribe to an Arlo Smart plan to continue benefiting from the same features the trial plan provided.

Do you have an active Arlo Smart subscription for your Pro 3?

For more information on Arlo Smart subscription plans, take a look here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

dcfox1
Master
Master

The Pro 3 needs a subscription after the trial expires. Not sure if you have one. The Pro2 cams still have 7 day free cloud storage. Edit: JamesC we were typing at the same time, Didn't mean to repeat you.  hehe. 

Danoe
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you so much.
I will subscribe ASAP.
Kind regards
Dan.
nicnut
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI,

I am having the same problem as the OP. I have an Arlo Pro 3 camera and I have 4 other Arlo pro cameras that don't require a subscription.

First off, I have to express that I am really disappointed that I need to purchase a subscription to use this camera. I don't remember seeing that printed anywhere on the box when I purchased the camera.

I am trying to set up local storage so I can view the camera footage remotely and not need to purchase a subscription. If I should create  a new post about this for the forum please let me know.

I purchased a 120 gig USB drive and plugged it into my base station. It is now locally recording videos. Will I be able to view these videos remotely when I am away from my local web network? Someone in the Arlo support chat said I will not be able to remotely view the videos.

Thank you.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation