Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hub VMB4540r3 not recording to USB

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lani1
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is my third Smart Hub.  The first had the same problem but it would work ok for about 3 months.  The second & third has the exact problem except it happens right away,  will record on to the usb flash drive for a couple of hours then stop recording.  After a couple of days it will either request "formatting" if I'm on my PC "or" on my Amazon fire HD tablet will get error message requesting to insert a flash drive, it doesn't recognize the flash drive installed.  I'm beginning to think it may be a "software" issue instead of "hardware".  Also, I am not able to view recordings from my Hub library when it does record.

I am working with Tech Support on the issue and I thought it may be beneficial to others with the same problem if I post this.  It would be helpful if others reported this issue as well.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Garlic2022
Star
Star

I had the same issue, turned out to be the usb stick.  After trial and error, using some of my older sticks, the one stick that works for me is a usb 32gb 2.0 stick.  All recordings finally work.  Prior to that I used a 128 gb and 64 gb with limited success. 

My neighbor had same issue.. I gave him an 16gb usb 2 and now his is working ok.

My experience leads me to believe that the Arlo base is very particular on what usb you insert.

Lani1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I've tried 2 different brands, both are 32g 2.0 stick as you are using.   Very "strange".  I hope Arlo Tech support can figure it out. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation