Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My camera won't connect to my new modem

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cawoods
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera won't connect to my new modem in spite of me putting in the password. It got as far as the chime but couldn't locate it.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cawoods wrote:

My camera won't connect to my new modem in spite of me putting in the password. It got as far as the chime but couldn't locate it.

Can you tell us the camera model?  You posted in the Pro 3 section, but the Pro 3 can't connect to your home wifi (it only connects to a base).

Cawoods
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's an arlo pro3 floodlight. Had no problem connecting to my last modem. Should I buy a base? Will see can I find the model number

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cawoods wrote:

It's an arlo pro3 floodlight. 

Ok, the floodlight can connect to home wifi.

@Cawoods wrote:

Had no problem connecting to my last modem. 

FWIW, I always match the network name and password of my previous router.  That eliminates the need to set up all my devices (arlo and all the other ones) again.

If you are using the app, then try again with a PC (browse to my.arlo.com).

The wifi security needs to be WPA2 (AES).  Special characters in the network name and password can get in the way, so try removing those if you have them.  Unfortunately, Arlo has never said which ones are problematic.

Cawoods
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Will try again when I get home

Cawoods
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was talking to someone from my phone/internet/tv company and apparently my new modem goes from 2.5 to 5 gigahertz which is why the camera can't cope. If i bought a hub would that sort that problem?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cawoods wrote:

I was talking to someone from my phone/internet/tv company and apparently my new modem goes from 2.5 to 5 gigahertz which is why the camera can't cope. If i bought a hub would that sort that problem?

My wifi is also dual band, and I can connect Arlo cameras to it.

Try onboarding with a PC (my.arlo.com) instead of the app.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation