Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple Home Kit

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ploddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I have tried to see if my Arlo Pro 3 with a base station VMS4440P is compatible with Apple Home kit

I can’t see how to set it up so assume perhaps it isn’t?

Any further info appreciated

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ploddy wrote:

with a base station VMS4440P

VMS4440P is a system SKU, not a base station.

Look for a VMBxxxx label on the base to find the model.

Ploddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah!

sorry it’s VMB4540

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ploddy wrote:

sorry it’s VMB4540

That is compatible with homekit.

Ploddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Firstly thank you for responding so quickly it’s much appreciated.

I’ve tried the link you suggest however if I try:……….

The Apple Home app and I add an accessory I get the scan window come up along with the white rectangular ‘capture box’ but it does not recognise anything on the Arlo unit. I don’t have a square QR code on  Base unit just a MAC address and S/N number with a long bar code. There’s nothing on the box or instructions that came with the unit that I can see that resembles a QR code. 
If I use the Arlo app and click on the base station I don’t get an option to click Home Kit so can’t  progress further this way either. 
It’s probably me being thick!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ploddy wrote:

It’s probably me being thick!

I think you need a token reset.  I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ), so they can do this for you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ploddy,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

Ploddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James

Ive done as you suggest but get the same as before either via the Arlo app or the Apple Home app

Can I ask, do I need any additional Apple hardware ie an Apple Hub?

At the mo all I have is the Arlo Hub connected directly to a Virgin router via cat 5 cable

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ploddy,

No additional hardware is required. If you're still experiencing  the same issue, I encourage you to reach out to Arlo Support via the Arlo Secure app under Settings > Support and open a ticket.

JamesC

Ploddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok will do and many thanks to all of you who have offered some help - much appreciated

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation