Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hub 4540 and Pro 3 Cams

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jaums
Aspirant
Aspirant

Due to distance concerns, I plan to use 2 4540 hubs with 7 Pro 3 Cams permanently wired with magnetic cables.

Can they be set up to be Armed and Disarmed as one, or does each hub have to be done separately?

I understand to add the 2nd hub I should remove from the 1st hub the cams to be associated with the 2nd hub, then associate them with the 2nd hub and option the cams.

Anything else needed to set up the 2nd hub?

Any options I might want to take advantage of?

Thanks!

Jaums

3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Jaums wrote:

I understand to add the 2nd hub I should remove from the 1st hub the cams to be associated with the 2nd hub, then associate them with the 2nd hub and option the cams.

I wouldn't do that.

You can just add a second hub to your existing account.

Remove cameras from one hub then add them to second hub.

Modes and rules are done on a hub basis, but you can "cross trigger" events so that, for example, a camera on hub A can trigger recording by a camera on hub B, and vice versa.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Jaums
Aspirant
Aspirant

So, with multiple hubs on one account you still need to change each hub individually when activating/deactivating?  No option to tie them together for mode changes?

I see the issue was addressed in a post from 4 years ago by Community Leader James C

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Ability-to-group-base-stations-to-use-one-mode-rule...

Seems like a pretty basic feature request . . . still not developed?

If it has been developed, how do you set it up?

Thanks!

Jaums

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.. with multi hubs the disadvantage is they basically must be armed separately...

but on the plus side is you get to run two different schedules if needed.

( if you can split them up like inside/outside, front/ back )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation