Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help needed to get subscription

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PWhitt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help

I have just purchased an Arlo 3 camera system

I have installed the cameras and can see the pictures on my phone / ipad

However I am having problems starting my 3 month trial subscription and also tried to just start a subscription but no luck even accessing the site to create a subscription

Also cannot get my wife’s phone to log on - sent her the invitation from my phone which she received but cannot get her phone accepted 

Any help appreciated

Paul

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PWhitt,

The 3 month trial subscription applies automatically after you've set up your camera. Navigate to Settings > Subscription and you should see the trial there if your account is eligible for subscription plans.

When sharing cameras, be sure you're following the steps listed here to allow other devices/accounts access: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

PWhitt
Aspirant
Aspirant

James - Thanks for your reply

Unfortunately it did not resolve the issue I have

Further searching on the internet appears to show that as I am in Brasil I cannot create an account. This is extremely disappointing given the packaging said the cameras can be used worldwide.

I have now got installed cameras that are of little use - Cannot record any incidents / cannot “tune” the cameras to prevent alerts when a bird flys past the camera etc.

Basically the system is of little use to me. - very disappointed.

Only solution I can see is to take down the cameras and give the system away to some family or friend in the UK next time I visit there.

Unless you can give me some good news on how I can create an account ???????

Best Regards

Paul

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

To utilize Arlo Smart alerts and cloud recordings, you would need a subscription to an Arlo Secure plan. Arlo subscription plans are not available in all countries. For more information on where you can use Arlo subscription plans, take a look here: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud recording is available?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation