Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
PapaC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought the Arlo Pro3 VMC4340P last month and was never been able to get the connection with the Smarthub work during the installation.

Have tried the following;

•  Connected the LAN cable o the Smarthub, then powered it ON.
  • The LED will stay in Red(Amber) for about 30 sec , then turned into Solid Blue and then turned to Blinking Amber light after 30 sec.  *this is likely to be the Internet connection issue..
  • After tried to used different LAN ports on the Asus Router (RT-AC88U) and also replacing the LAN cable finally get the Smarthub router now showing solid "Blue"..However; was not able to get the Connection between the Arlo mobile App and the Smarthub to work, even; followed the instruction to performed 'Hard' reset.
  • Tried contacting the Arlo Live CHAT, and after briefed the Technician on the problem symptoms, the CHAT closed 'Automatically' and the multiple attempts to reconnecting the CHAT failed..
  • Received an 'PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.' notification from Arlo service center basically tell me a to check again on the 'self-help' information on their Website..Which I actually did before contacting their Service helpdesk..
  • Tried to chat with them again today, and the screen shows I was in Queue #4 in line, however; just before the Queue number change fro 2 to 1 (my turn) the CHAT dropped automatically again..

I'm actually a bit regret now on making the purchase *which is costing more than a thousand SG dollars...while, most of the reviews did shows this is a good product (and easy installation ?) but for those unlucky one liked myself 😞 .. the Support service level provided by Arlo is just not for on par with the premium price that I've paid for...

Regards,

Papac

•  

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PapaC,

I've opened and escalated a support ticket detailing the concerns you've provided here. An agent will be reaching out to you to collect more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

PapaC
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you James,
Benkebona
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have EXACTLY the same problem but with the Arlo 2 pro. Router is ASUS RT-AX88U. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you're not using a VPN.

tony_2018
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hope you're not having internet issues when trying to set up the base station. 

- Are you connecting to the same wifi router the base station is connected to?

- Is your internet stable? (needs this to download any new firmware for the base station and cameras during the 1st initial setup)

Benkebona
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. Used my computer instead via cable and everything is working now. Thanks!
Benkebona
Aspirant
Aspirant
It was the VPN on my iPhone that was messing things up. Used my computer instead. Everything is up and running now.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation