Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
FabQuadrozzi87
Guide
Guide
Hey guys, hope you’ve had a great festive period.
I’m currently in a dilemma at the moment as my original Arlo cameras, the batteries constantly need charging (no matter the sensitivity or video quality) every 2-3 days.
I’m essentially looking to upgrade to the Pro3 or Ultra but don’t know their compatibility with my original base station (VMB3000), is this compatible or not?

Secondly, ideally I want to have something that I can have externally to be hard wired (outdoor power cable) is there such a thing developed yet for arlo?

Many thanks for any help guys
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ddavtian5
Guide
Guide

From Pro 3 FAQ:

"The Arlo Pro 3 camera is compatible with VMB5000, VMB4540, VMB4000, and VMB4500. It is not compatible with VMB3500 or VMB3000."

I think the same is true for Ultra.

You can have external power starting with Pro 2. I have few connected to power, and few using solar panels. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ddavtian5
Guide
Guide

From Pro 3 FAQ:

"The Arlo Pro 3 camera is compatible with VMB5000, VMB4540, VMB4000, and VMB4500. It is not compatible with VMB3500 or VMB3000."

I think the same is true for Ultra.

You can have external power starting with Pro 2. I have few connected to power, and few using solar panels. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

Just to add if you do upgrade get the Smart Hubs VMB4540 or 5000 so you can view local recordings through the app if you want. Here is a detailed breakdown on each hub or base.

What is the difference between each Arlo SmartHub and base station?

FabQuadrozzi87
Guide
Guide
Am I right in saying you can use the VMA5600C charging cable for the Arlo pro 3 cameras?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FabQuadrozzzi87,

Yes, the VMA5600C is designed to be used with Arlo Pro 3. For more information, take a look here: Outdoor Magnetic Charging Cable (25 ft.)

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation