Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rseutter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 new Pro 3 cameras and 3 older Pro cameras. Google Chrome will not allow me to replay a recording from the new cameras. Error message is "this video will not replay in this browser" I can replay from the older cameras on Chrome but not the new ones. I can open the camera and view live but not a recording. What do I need to change to make the recordings from the new cameras replay?? Replay works on my iPad and iPhone, but not the computer. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rseutter wrote:

I have 2 new Pro 3 cameras and 3 older Pro cameras. Google Chrome will not allow me to replay a recording from the new cameras. Error message is "this video will not replay in this browser" I can replay from the older cameras on Chrome but not the new ones. I can open the camera and view live but not a recording. What do I need to change to make the recordings from the new cameras replay?? Replay works on my iPad and iPhone, but not the computer. 

Thank you

If you are using a Windows PC, try the Edge browser.

Chrome and Firefox don't support 2K/4K HEVC video.  Edge will support it if you have HEVC hardware support in your PC (most newer ones do).  You might also need to get an HEVC extension for Edge from the microsoft store.  Unfortunately, Microsoft has decided to charge a bit for it recently.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rseutter wrote:

Thank you

If you are using a Windows PC, try the Edge browser.

Chrome and Firefox don't support 2K/4K HEVC video.  Edge will support it if you have HEVC hardware support in your PC (most newer ones do).  You might also need to get an HEVC extension for Edge from the microsoft store.  Unfortunately, Microsoft has decided to charge a bit for it recently.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@rseutter  Edge works for me now on a tablet, It did not several months ago but not sure what update changed it but 2K is now fine. On my PC with a graphic card it always worked as @StephenB  said. 

Before I enabled Zoom and Tracking that made the recording 1080 instead of 2K if you want to try it as a work around. 

rseutter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, I tried Edge and the replay works. Guess I have to start liking Edge, not a big fan in the past. Thank you for the information.

rseutter
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, Edge is working.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rseutter wrote:

Guess I have to start liking Edge, not a big fan in the past.

I only use it for Arlo now.  However, I do think the new Chromium version of Edge is pretty good (and you can install Chrome browser extensions, which I think is a good thing).  

I suspect it would also increase your privacy.  Though I'm sure Google knows more about me than I do, and I don't think that will change if I drop Chrome.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation