Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mikeos2001
Tutor
Tutor

I have 2 Arlo Pro3 (H10) Cameras and a Pro3 Floodlight (H6).

With the recent issues over #alert errors for the floodlight, I've been checking firmware versions, on the understanding that all devices, and hub, should update their firmware automatically.

However, on checking, I see that my floodlight has firmware around 6 months out-of-date, and my Pro3 cameras are running firmware that's 12 months old.  None of the devices will manually update - "No update required" is the message.

What's wrong here?  The hub last updated its firmware a couple of months ago.  It's directly connected to my router.  All cameras and the floodlight are connected through the hub, not my wifi network.  As far as I can see, everything should be updating - they're connected and accessible, after all.

I've restarted the hub several times, mainly to try and clear a disconnecting issue a couple of weeks ago with the floodlight, but it's not caused a firmware check/push, which I might have expected after a reboot.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A reboot of your hub and/or cameras usually fixes this.

mikeos2001
Tutor
Tutor

I did say that I'd restarted the hub.... it didn't work.  The cameras have also been powered down/up during battery replacement

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @mikeos2001

Thanks for reporting this, I have notified my team and they will look in to this as soon as possible. I will provide an update as soon as I hear back. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The issue with your smart Hub not updating is a know issue & we are verifying the fix so you can receive the latest updates. 

Regarding your floodlight camera, can you try removing and reonboarding the camera by chance?

mikeos2001
Tutor
Tutor

Hi ShayneS,

I will try removing one at the weekend and see what happens.  Presumably, removing one will also remove any associated automation routines I've created?  e.g. external motion on a camera after midnight will trigger activation of internal lights.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. Be sure to note all settings and modes/rules relative to these devices.

mikeos2001
Tutor
Tutor

I removed one of the cameras with out of date firmware, and have waited a bit to see if it updates, but it has still not done so.  Last firmware version for the camera is "Arlo Pro 3 VMC4040P - 1.060.12.2_6_fd2b14a", released October 2021.

Base station is "Arlo SmartHub VMB4540 - 1.19.0.3_1172_68a8e53", from June 2022.

I can't fathom why none of my Arlo devices are not updating.  The hub has a stable network connection, and my home LAN has no VLANs or other network settings that would deny update connections.  No entries in the logs for my (Asus) router.  Wifi is strong throughout the house and reaches all cameras.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Where are you? Sometimes firmware updates are rolled out selectively.

mikeos2001
Tutor
Tutor

I'm in the UK.  But of those firmware versions I have, 2 of them are from 2022 (Hub and floodlight), but more than one version out of date, and the Pro3 cameras are 12 months out of date.  That should be way too much for regional push updates.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed. You may need to wait for the fix @ShayneS mentioned. If you want, removing everything from your account and starting fresh may or may not help.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation