Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Playboi1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I constantly get false alerts when plugged in at night. Maybe every 5.. to 10 mins very annoying. When unplugged it works fine. Anyone else having this problem.
13 REPLIES 13
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using zones ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Playboi1
Aspirant
Aspirant
No
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you seeing motion in the recordings?  FWIW, I find that lights from passing cars (particularly emergency vehicles) will trigger recordings.

Also, do you have a subscription?

Playboi1
Aspirant
Aspirant
No motion in recordings and yes i have a subscription. No passing car lights or nothing and it's not set to record sound just motion
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Playboi1 wrote:
No motion in recordings and yes i have a subscription. No passing car lights or nothing and it's not set to record sound just motion

Are the notifications for "all other motion"?  If so, try disabling that notification in the smart notifications for the camera.

Playboi1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried disabling all other motions its still doing the same thing
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Playboi1 wrote:
I tried disabling all other motions its still doing the same thing

What classification are the recordings showing?

Jcamp
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m having the same problem as you.i tried 2 Pro 3 cameras and both doing the same thing. They record everything in site. Even shadows on the driveway, car lights at night and birds. I have tried every setting possible and nothing helps. I put my Pro 2 back up and all is good. Returning back to Amazon as I did with the one I had last week which did the same thing. There Pro 3 camera so are junk.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jcamp,

Do you experience the same behavior when the camera is using only battery power? Is this happening regardless if the camera is using battery power only or plugged in?

JamesC

Jcamp
Apprentice
Apprentice

Makes no difference whether plugged in or not. Took the camera down and put it on my bed and it picked up a shadow on the wall.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jcamp,

This is very abnormal behavior. I recommend contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Playboi1
Aspirant
Aspirant
It only happens with mine when plugged in at night time, during daylight its fine. It don't show no classification of the motion it jus says motion detected.
Jcamp
Apprentice
Apprentice

James

I have contacted support 4 times and they don’t have a clue. They will get back to me. Still waiting.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation