Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Failed Pro3 Camera Saga

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
simonhNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Where do I begin. In mid October one of my 10 month old Pro 3 Cameras stopped working. I spend a week on the forum, following all the helpful guides and suggestions and nothing would revive the camera. I swapped batteries, tried using the sync button and no response from the camera. So after a week I called Arlo (I'm in NZ). The initial call was a standard troubleshooting call and I followed all the instructions' and obviously nothing changed. On a second call I was asked to swap the battery again - so up the ladder I go knowing full well that I had already tried this. It was pretty clear the camera was dead. On a subsequent call I was asked to prove my purchase with a receipt and mailing address. I had to contact the reseller to get a copy which I dutifully uploaded to the Arlo support site. I then called a few days later to find out what was happening and I had been passed to second level support who asked me to press the sync button. I responded using the link provided that I had already tried this a dozen times. I then was asked to press the sync button for longer? Like it would miraculously wake up! So getting pretty angry I called Arlo again and expressed my displeasure with the whole process - this was about three weeks after the first call. The agent did his best to explain the process and as I had a poor experience offered to waive the courier fee and said to follow the details in the RMA request. I received the RMA request and the only option for courier was either I pay, or Arlo would charge me $30 or $40 Australian dollars to expedite the process. I selected the 'I'll pay' option and couriered the camera the next day. The camera had to travel 10km across town to Arlo's agent. 15 days later the tracking showed the parcel still hadn't arrived and I contacted the courier company (NZ Post) who told me the parcel had been sitting in a post box for over a week and hadn't been cleared by the agent. I then called Arlo again who did some investigating and told me that their agent wasn't clearing the post box as we have Covid in NZ. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told someone would call me back and I'm still waiting. So here I am without a camera on the front of my house for over a month and no idea where my replacement is. I have two Arlo Pro 3's, a doorbell camera and the chime. I'm also paying a subscription for a camera that's been offline for six weeks. Arlo have done nothing to help and I've dealt with multiple agents on the phone and by email and no one will take any ownership for sorting this out. This is the worst customer experience I have ever had 

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

simonhNZ,

Do you have a ticket number for your support case? If so, please provide the number and I will escalate requesting a status update.

JamesC

simonhNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received this today - does no one bother to read the notes?

Your Case Details
Case Number: 42785928
Subject: Camera went offline last week

Case Update

Hi Simon,

I hope you're doing well today!

I am doing a follow-up on your open case regarding your Arlo camera system. We would love to hear from you if everything is all set. If not, please provide us with an update so that we can continue to work on your case. A reply at your earliest convenience would be much appreciated.

For more information, you may visit us at https://support.arlo.com and https://community.arlo.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Jasper

Arlo Support Expert

Support Site - https://support.arlo.com

Community site - https://community.arlo.com

T

Update Case

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.

simonhNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Replacement Camera finally arrived and setup without issue - heard nothing back from Arlo regarding my request to speak to a supervisor. I sincerely hope I have no other hardware issues as I never want to go through this experience again.

paperboy98
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had a similar, very unpleasant experience with my Arlo Pro 3 system with 4 cameras.  I have robust internet service via fiber optic, yet the connectivity on my cameras is constantly changing and dropping.  Many calls to Arlo tech service have just been more frustrating.  This is not dependable equipment and I deeply regret purchasing it.  I hope you get some help.  I did not.

simonhNZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Eventually after some courier delays the replacement camera arrived. It is set up easily and is working fine. The major issue for me is that no one seemed to care about my experience. It was clear the agents simply follow a process blindly even when the customer points out it makes no sense. Escalating to second level support and being asked to do exactly the same thing - again - for a different person is infuriating and when I asked to speak to a supervisor - I assume they exist - I was told someone would call me back. That was over two weeks ago. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation