Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

FB1001 issues - records hundreds of times a day

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

What is wrong with the Arlo Pro 3 camera/floodlight? It records hundreds of times a day- I have the audio turned off and it still says it is recording audio- My battery drains from 100% to 70 in under 2 hrs and that is with a Arlo Solar Panel - I am so disappointment in this product I can't keep my family safe with it. What is the current Firmware for this? Mine shows 1.070.19.3_26_39e29104. Is that the latest and if so don't you think it is time for another to fix these problems. I have read thousands and thousands of Arlo complaints concerning these same issues. I have so many cases opened I can't keep track.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Most issues like this are due to user error, not the camera itself. That doesn't mean your issue isn't hardware but you first need to understand the system. The settings you need to change are in your modes and rules - have you looked there? That's where you disable audio detection - turning the mic off in the camera settings doesn't affect detection/recording.

If you want to check to see what the current version of firmware is, look in the Firmware Release Notes section here.

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Not true- it was working perfectly for about a month or so and I did not change a thing and this started to happen- any other great ideas on why this is happening other than me and about 10000 people are Experiencing the same issue
dcfox1
Master
Master

@kr67mustang wrote:
Not true- it was working perfectly for about a month or so and I did not change a thing and this started to happen- any other great ideas on why this is happening other than me and about 10000 people are Experiencing the same issue

Not sure where you saw 10,000 people with problems.  If you give details on what trouble shootings steps you have done someone may be able to help. As jguerdat said it may be hardware but need details on what you tried to help. 

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Just look my friend at the thousands of complaints with Arlo devises not sure is anyone’s Arlo is working as it should. I can’t personally read all of the complaints to you just look for yourself
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
As of 4 hrs ago my Arlo pro 3 camera floodlight has recorded 151 times all Audio recordings . Something is horribly wrong wouldn’t you say
dcfox1
Master
Master

But again what trouble shooting steps have you done?

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Everything I can think of. Turned off the audio detection, restated the device , uninstalled the camera and reinstalled the app. Any other suggestions
kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
My camera should not record audio with audio detection turned off
dcfox1
Master
Master

As another poster suggested you do have "Audio is detected" unselected in the Mode>Rules for the cam? Not the cam Audio setting. 

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary
Yes only in the mode settings I am aware the cam settings is for my speak and microphone
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation