Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 max number of cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kkashi01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, For Arlo Pro 3 Smart Hub, storing on local storage (no cloud storage), what would be max number of cameras that it can support? I don't need cloud storage or subscription because I intend to hook up a usb drive for storage.

Also, for storing like 2 weeks recording, what size usb storage is recommended?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can easily connect 15 or more cameras to one hub. However, remember that only 5 at a time can stream so if the area is very active you may need multiple hubs.

USB drive size is relative. It all depends on the resolution, length of the videos and number of videos in that time. For many folks, 16GB would probably be fine but I'd opt for 32-64GB just to be safe. If you have something laying around that's at least 16GB, give that a try before increasing capacity.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can easily connect 15 or more cameras to one hub. However, remember that only 5 at a time can stream so if the area is very active you may need multiple hubs.

USB drive size is relative. It all depends on the resolution, length of the videos and number of videos in that time. For many folks, 16GB would probably be fine but I'd opt for 32-64GB just to be safe. If you have something laying around that's at least 16GB, give that a try before increasing capacity.

kkashi01
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat Thanks for your input.

Couple more questions:

1. If I go with Arlo Pro4 (no hub), will I still be able to store locally?

2. I will most likely need to get add-on cameras. Does hub only work with Arlo cams (kindda expensive) or I can add non-arlo brand wireless cameras?

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) No. The videos have to pass through the base or hub directly from the camera to be able to be recorded locally.

2) Arlo only works with Arlo. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation