Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Tim757
Aspirant
Aspirant

I currently have two Arlo Pro 2 cameras.  I am wanting to install more cameras to do some continuous video recording .  I was getting ready to purchase one of the Arlo Pro 3 sets and subscribe to a CVR plan and then I read that you could not download any of the video from the cloud.  This is a bit of a deal breaker for me.  I have two Nest Outdoor Cams that I purchased on sale a while back but never installed.  I know that Nest allows this on their systems since my friend has them and he does it.  I believe you can only download clips that are some short duration (2-3 minutes perhaps), but at least you can save some of the video that you want.  Does Arlo have any plans to add this feature?  If not, I will likely be shopping for a different system.

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, u can not download the CVR.

the triggered recordings ( which are hi-lighted in the cvr) also go to the library which can be downloaded.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Tim757
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac,

Agree I was aware that you cannot download the CVR recording.  My question was, perhaps hoping that someone with Arlo could say, is whether it will ever be possible to download chosen clips of some predefined length from any point in the CVR recording.  I believe this is possible using the Nest Outdoor Cam.  This is a bit of disadvantage for the Arlo if this never becomes possible.

To understand more of your response, you are saying one can download the motion or audio activated events just as you can without the CVR subscription?  Is that true?

Thanks,

Tim

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tim757 wrote:

To understand more of your response, you are saying one can download the motion or audio activated events just as you can without the CVR subscription?  Is that true?

Yes.

HKHasher
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am in the same position as you (currently two Pro 2 cameras but looking to add two Pro 3 cameras and hub - cvr for all 4 cameras).  Alerts are downloadable.  For other CVR clips simply play on a PC and use the XBOX App with Windows 10 to record and save as an MP4.  What I want to know is if the alerts for the Pro 3 cameras record at 2k (all CVR recording is at 1080p)?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation